Bi-Rite Creamery Ice Cream
We make all of our ice cream by hand, in small batches, on 18th Street–right in the heart of San Francisco’s historic Mission District. In the bakery adjoining our ice cream kitchen, we make everything that goes into our ice cream, whether it’s brownies, peanut brittle, marshmallows, or the snickerdoodles for Ricanelas! We have lots of homemade toppings to jazz up your ice cream, including almond toffee, graham crackers, and spiced pecans–to name just a few of the most popular. And don’t forget to ask for our decadent homemade hot fudge to top it off!
Straus Family Creamery, only 45 miles away, delivers all of the organic milk, cream, and eggs for our recipes. Our Salted Caramel, Roasted Banana, Honey Lavender, and other flavors draw lines that sometimes wrap around the block.
We’re now proud to offer soft serve made with buffalo milk from Double 8 Dairy in Petaluma, CA. This rich, creamy milk makes for an exceptional flavor and consistency. Flavors change every day. It’s not to be missed! Exclusively available from our Soft Serve window at Bi-Rite Creamery on 18th Street.
- Winner of the Great Bi-Rite Ice Cream Challenge, Kelly's Creme Brulee by Chase
- white chocolate raspberry swirl
- toasted coconut
- balsamic strawberry
- salted caramel
- TCHO chocolate
- strawberry coconut (vegan)
- mint chip made with Seely Farms organic mint
- honey lavender with Sonoma honey
- Blue Bottle coffee with Alfieri almonds and chocolate chips
- banana fudge ripple
- vanilla with Madecasse vanilla
- malted vanilla with peanut brittle and milk chocolate pieces
- brown sugar with ginger caramel swirl
- cookies and cream
- season fruit sorbet (please call for today's flavor)
our staff's favorite combos
- seasonal trio a scoop of each:balsamic strawberry, basil and white chocolate raspberry swirl
- trifecta a scoop of each: salted caramel, brown sugar with ginger caramel swirl, and malted vanilla with peanut brittle and chocolate
- a scoop of each: honey lavender and chocolate
- ricanelas ice cream with homemade caramel sauce
- banana fudge swirl ice cream with homemade hot fudge and pecan toffee
our signature sundaes
- berry sundae vanilla ice cream, berry compote, crumbled lemon gingersnaps, and whipped cream
- sam's sundae chocolate ice cream with bergamot olive oil, maldon sea salt and whipped cream
- dainty gentleman honey lavender ice cream, hot fudge, blood orange olive oil & maldon sea salt
- banana split with caramelized bananas, vanilla ice cream, hot fudge, whipped cream, and toasted walnuts
- brownie sundae housemade decadent brownies with vanilla ice cream, chocolate and burnt caramel sauces, whipped cream, and candied pecans
- toffee sundae coffee ice cream, housemade pecan toffee, hot fudge, whipped cream, and marcona almonds
- afternoon snack roasted banana ice cream, housemade graham crackers, caramel sauce and whipped cream
or make your own sundae with the ice cream, toppings, and sauces of your choosing!
throw an ice cream sundae party! click here for our take-home sundae party kits, plus our menu of custom ice cream cakes and pies.
ice cream sandwiches
chocolate chip cookies with vanilla ice cream
dark chocolate cookies with mint chip ice cream
sugar cookies with balsamic strawberry ice cream
*brown butter cookies with Blue Bottle coffee almond chocolate chip ice cream
ice cream cakes
- mint chip midnight cake with mint chip ice cream & chocolate glaze
- BlueBottle coffee midnight cake with BlueBottle coffee almond chocolate chip ice cream, chocolate glaze and almonds
- malted vanilla with peanut brittle & chocolate yellow cake with malted vanilla ice cream, peanut brittle & chocolate, and whipped cream
ice cream pies
- s'more ice cream pie graham cracker crust, caramel, chocolate ice cream and toasted meringue
made with fresh organic fruit sourced from some of the many farms we work with at the market; call us at 415-626-5600 for today's flavors!
soft serve schedule (available at 18th street window) flavors subject to slight variations. Now using Double 8 dairy every day!
- monday: salted caramel and coffee
- tuesday: chocolate and cinnamon
- wednesday: balsamic strawberry and peanut butter
- thursday: chocolate and malted coconut
- friday: balsamic strawberry and creme fraiche
- saturday: salted caramel and vanilla
- sunday: salted caramel and chocolate
(a two-flavor twist is always available, along with all of our ice cream toppings!)