Bi-Rite Creamery Ice Cream
We make all of our ice cream by hand, in small batches, on 18th Street–right in the heart of San Francisco’s historic Mission District. In the bakery adjoining our ice cream kitchen, we make everything that goes into our ice cream, whether it’s brownies, peanut brittle, marshmallows, or the snickerdoodles for Ricanelas! We have lots of homemade toppings to jazz up your ice cream, including almond toffee, graham crackers, and spiced pecans–to name just a few of the most popular. And don’t forget to ask for our decadent homemade hot fudge to top it off!
Straus Family Creamery, only 45 miles away, delivers all of the organic milk, cream, and eggs for our recipes. Our Salted Caramel, Roasted Banana, Honey Lavender, and other flavors draw lines that sometimes wrap around the block.
We’re now proud to offer soft serve made with buffalo milk from Double 8 Dairy in Petaluma, CA. This rich, creamy milk makes for an exceptional flavor and consistency. Flavors change every day. It’s not to be missed! Exclusively available from our Soft Serve window at Bi-Rite Creamery on 18th Street.
- milk chocolate peanut butter with fudge & chocolate peanut candies
- black sesame with sonoma honey
- chamomile tea with lemon poppy crumble
- caramelized white chocolate with miso caramel swirl
- earl grey
- greek yogurt with pecan granola and mixed berry swirl
- salted caramel
- tcho chocolate
- bombay chai (vegan)
- mint chip made with seely farms organic mint
- honey lavender with sonoma honey
- ritual coffee toffee
- roasted banana
- vanilla with madecasse vanilla
- malted vanilla with peanut brittle and milk chocolate pieces
- cookies and cream
- season fruit sorbet (please call for today's flavor)
our staff's favorite combos
- seasonal trio a scoop of each: caramelized white chocolate with miso caramel, black sesame, and ricanelas
- trifecta a scoop of each: salted caramel, brown sugar with ginger caramel swirl, and malted vanilla with peanut brittle and chocolate
- a scoop of each: honey lavender and chocolate
- ricanelas ice cream with homemade caramel sauce
- banana ice cream with homemade hot fudge and almond toffee
our signature sundaes
- berry sundae vanilla ice cream, berry compote, crumbled lemon gingersnaps, and whipped cream
- sam's sundae chocolate ice cream with blood orange olive oil, maldon sea salt and whipped cream
- dainty gentleman honey lavender ice cream, hot fudge, blood orange olive oil & maldon sea salt
- banana split with caramelized bananas, vanilla ice cream, hot fudge, whipped cream, and toasted walnuts
- brownie sundae housemade decadent brownies with vanilla ice cream, chocolate and burnt caramel sauces, whipped cream, and candied pecans
- coffee sundae coffee ice cream, housemade pecan toffee, hot fudge, whipped cream, and marcona almonds
- afternoon snack roasted banana ice cream, housemade graham crackers, caramel sauce and whipped cream
or make your own sundae with the ice cream, toppings, and sauces of your choosing!
throw an ice cream sundae party! click here for our take-home sundae party kits, plus our menu of custom ice cream cakes and pies.
ice cream sandwiches
chocolate chip cookies with vanilla ice cream
dark chocolate cookies with mint chip ice cream
brown butter cookies with ritual coffee ice cream
ice cream cakes
- mint chip midnight cake with mint chip ice cream & chocolate glaze
- Coffee Toffee coffee midnight cake with Coffee Toffee ice cream, chocolate glaze and almond toffee
- malted vanilla with peanut brittle & chocolate yellow cake with malted vanilla ice cream, peanut brittle & chocolate, and whipped cream
- cookies and cream cake chocolate cake with cookies and cream ice cream and whipped cream
ice cream pies
- s'more ice cream pie graham cracker crust, caramel, chocolate ice cream and toasted meringue
made with fresh organic fruit sourced from some of the many farms we work with at the market; call us at 415-626-5600 for today's flavors!
soft serve schedule (available at 18th street window) flavors subject to slight variations. Now using Double 8 dairy every day!
- monday: salted caramel and chocolate
- tuesday: green tea and coconut
- wednesday: roasted banana and cinnamon
- thursday: balsamic strawberry and greek yogurt
- friday: lemon and vanilla
- saturday: salted caramel and vanilla
- sunday: vanilla and chocolate
(a two-flavor twist is always available, along with all of our ice cream toppings!)